ZUCCHINI ~ all about vegetables

how to pick vegetables...................

Eventhough I know vegetables almost all my life, but sometimes, I always confused and curious how should I pick best. In my little tips below, I hope that it will help you to get the freshnest and best vegetables for your meals of the day.
Google

Friday, February 1, 2008

ZUCCHINI



Available all year, peak June through August.
Look for glossy, dark green skin and firm flesh. Zucchini should be heavy for its size. Avoid zucchini longer than 8 inches (20cm) and with any brown or yellow spots. Refrigerate in a perforated plastic bag up to 4 days.

COOKING TIME:

- Steam : 5 to 10 minutes

- Microwave: 3 to 6 minutes

- Blanch : 2 to 3 minutes

- Boil : 5 to 10 minutes

- Others : broil halves for 5 minutes

No comments: