ONIONS -SHALLOTS ~ all about vegetables

how to pick vegetables...................

Eventhough I know vegetables almost all my life, but sometimes, I always confused and curious how should I pick best. In my little tips below, I hope that it will help you to get the freshnest and best vegetables for your meals of the day.
Google

Thursday, January 31, 2008

ONIONS -SHALLOTS

onion

Available all year. Pearl onions (immature dry onions) peak in fall and winter and sweet onions peak in late summer and fall. Look for firm, well-shaped onions with dry skins. Avoid sooty or sprouting onions. Green onions should be crisp and tender with fresh tops and medium-size necks. Store onions in a cool, dark, dry place up to a month, preferably hung where air can circulate around them. Onions can give off an odor in the refrigerator and affect the flavor of other foods. Refrigerate green onions in a plastic bag up to 1 week.




SHALLOTS


shallots

No comments: