PEAS - KACANG POLONG - KAPRI ~ all about vegetables

how to pick vegetables...................

Eventhough I know vegetables almost all my life, but sometimes, I always confused and curious how should I pick best. In my little tips below, I hope that it will help you to get the freshnest and best vegetables for your meals of the day.
Google

Friday, February 1, 2008

PEAS - KACANG POLONG - KAPRI

ENGLISH PEAS, KACANG POLONG
Available all year; peak January to August.
Look for fresh, light green, plump, velvety young pods filled with developed peas. Avoid wilted, yellow or flat pods. Refrigerate pods, unwashed, in a plastic bag up to 2 days.


SNOW PEAS, KAPRI
Available all year; peak fall and spring.
Look for bright green pods that are firm, crisp, small and flat with immature seeds. Avoid peas which are drying along the seam. Refrigerate, unwashed, in a plastic bag up to 2 days.

No comments: