CORN ~ all about vegetables

how to pick vegetables...................

Eventhough I know vegetables almost all my life, but sometimes, I always confused and curious how should I pick best. In my little tips below, I hope that it will help you to get the freshnest and best vegetables for your meals of the day.
Google

Thursday, January 31, 2008

CORN

corn

Available May to September.
Look for fresh, moist, green husks, cob should be well filled with bright, plump, milky kernels that pop easily when pressed with a fingernail. Kernels should be tightly packed together in even rows. Refrigerate immediately in husks; if shucked, store in plastic bags up to 2 days. Use as soon as possible since the sugar in corn begins to turn to starch as soon as it is picked.


baby corn

Look for bright yellow and crunchy baby corn, it is used to cook for stir-frying, soup, or only steam baby corn for salad. Make sure to put in refrigerate if not using, to avoid baby corn becoming brown.

No comments: