SOY BEANS SPROUT - TAUGE ~ all about vegetables

how to pick vegetables...................

Eventhough I know vegetables almost all my life, but sometimes, I always confused and curious how should I pick best. In my little tips below, I hope that it will help you to get the freshnest and best vegetables for your meals of the day.
Google

Monday, March 3, 2008

SOY BEANS SPROUT - TAUGE

soy bean sprouts

green bean sprouts

Small white shoots of the pea-like mung bean plant, used separately as a vegetable and included in a wide variety of dishes.
They are available fresh or in cans. Canned sprouts should be rinsed before use to eliminate any metallic taste. Fresh or unopened, unused canned sprouts should be covered with water and stored in the refrigerator.
Soy bean sprouts are commonly used a garnish in Asian dishes. Always buy fresh bean sprouts - these should be crisp, without brown tips, and preferably consumed shortly after purchase.


No comments: