SUMATRA EXOTIC BEANS - JENGKOL ~ all about vegetables

how to pick vegetables...................

Eventhough I know vegetables almost all my life, but sometimes, I always confused and curious how should I pick best. In my little tips below, I hope that it will help you to get the freshnest and best vegetables for your meals of the day.
Google

Monday, March 3, 2008

SUMATRA EXOTIC BEANS - JENGKOL

whole jengkol fruit

first unskinned jengkol fruit

second unskinned jengkol fruit

This special sumatra exotic beans is one of the most Indonesian love to have in their meals. The aroma is very strong and not favorable to unfamiliar people, but the fruit is quite crunchy when it's raw,and tender as a meat when it's cooked.

It is used to made with different styles of cooking. Either with balado in west sumatra, in sweet soy sauce in java, or even eaten raw with chili paste in west java.





No comments: